This is a recipe I’ve never written down before. You can add or subtract whatever you like. You can also make a big batch or small one. For Christmas I use spinach tortillas to stack and make a tree.
TORTILLA PINWHEELS RECIPE
* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
* 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
* 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, well drained
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions
* Garlic powder to taste
* Seasoned salt to taste
* 5 flour tortillas (10 inches)
* Salsa, optional
Beat cream cheese, cheese and sour cream until blended. Stir in olives, green chilies, green onions and seasonings.
Spread over tortillas; roll up tightly. Wrap each in plastic, twisting ends to seal; refrigerate several hours.
Unwrap. Cut into 1/2- to 3/4-in. slices, using a serrated knife. If desired, serve with salsa.
Yield: about 4 dozen.
Cream cheese $1.97 8oz
Cheddar cheese $2.12 8oz
Sliced olives $1.34 one small can
Chopped pimentos $1.33 one small jar
Green chilies $.98
One bunch Green onions $1.05
Sour cream $1.34 – 8oz
Garlic powder to taste
Salt to taste
Flour tortillas or Spinach tortilla for Christmas $2.73